Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So, this is blogging...

I have never thought of myself as a writer but lately I have been thinking about writing some of my thoughts.  Here goes...

I am a pinterest.com addict.  I love to pin things and get new ideas for creative things to do with my free time.  Who am I kidding, with a husband and two boys (ages 1 and 3), I don't have free time.  I have to make my own free time.  Here is what I am working on now:

1.  I just purchased some awesome fabric to invent a few decorative items for my kids birthday Party August 13.  I bought three yards with no idea what I was going to make.  With my mom's help I have decided to make some placemats and a bib for the baby.  I have not even cut the fabric yet.  For me, determining the project is half the battle after I find some awesome fabric.  If I have time, I would also like to make a pillow case for my three year old since he loves trains.  I think I can use the pillow case as wrapping for one of his gifts. 


2.  A few weeks ago I purchased a wall decal (a pinterest find).  I have been looking forward to putting it on my wall with some photo frames for some time now.  I finally got around to it last night.  It looks really nice, although it was not as easy as I thought it would be to put up.  The letters kept sticking to the backing. 
3.  I just started making a rag wreath but I am not impressed with how it is turning out so far.  I may scrap the project before it is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment